[DeTomaso] NPC Holley buy Demon ?

Don Thomas dtpantera at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 22:35:54 EDT 2011

This is interesting news...

After filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy earlier this year, BG Fuel Systems and
Demon Carbureton have recently been purchased by, “a fresh team of race and
performance enthusiasts” that will get Demon’s manufacturing plants up and
running and restaff production, marketing, and sales teams. Intrigued about
the ambiguous wording regarding the buyers, we asked around and found that
the new owners are the investment group behind Holley. Yep, that Holley, the
longtime Demon rival and owner of Earl’s Performance Products. As we said,
Demon will still keep their own manufacturing, and it looks like they’ll
continue to be independent. Holley could have just as easily bought the
Demon and BG name and shelved the brands indefinitely, but as the saying
goes, “competition breed excellence.”

Demon Carburetion and BG Fuel Systems plans to make their return at this
year’s SEMA show in early November, likely in a booth far from Holley’s.
We’ll bring you more news as it develops.

Source:
http://blogs.hotrod.com/demon-carburetors-are-making-a-comeback-8337.html

Best regards,
-dt