[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 84, Issue 15-Shocks

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Fri Jul 15 18:22:30 EDT 2011

I have a set of double adjustable QA-1's on my Firebird now
I asked Speed Tech what would be the best settings for the
car...They had no Idea... they just sell these front ends to people???

they have 22 or 24 settings for compression and rebound??

I went to my buddy at Custom Alignment and he works on an Alms team
and goes to shock school etc.. he told me not too much rebound maybe 3
and then compression start at 6

This seems to be in line with an article I recently read in my solo
newsletter.. not too much rebound

I was just concerned with the range of 22-24 clicks but they assured
me it was a good start.. first autocross is in a few weeks if I get
the rest sorted out.. we will see

My Pantera has Aldins and I have left them on the settings Byers
sold them to me... if I remember maybe 3 and 7... yes they still
leak so I have an extra set I send down south periodically to get repaired
free except the shipping.. but they really work for me on my car

Just wondering what settings everyone is running??

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera