[DeTomaso] Safety Eyeglass Lenses For Racing Question

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 20:28:17 EDT 2011

What?

OK, let's start with this.

Sunglasses are for the beach and looking cool on the freeway.

Can we assume that you're wearing a full face helmet, ( Please say Yes, if
not, think of Dale Earnhadt, who by all accounts had no face when killed )

Now, we all use tinted shields, you can buy them cheaply and in a dozen
shades, even cool reflective "spaceman" hues or high contrast yellow.

You can even use tear offs,

You NEVER want to use tinted glasses, because the conditions can change in a
race, races can be at dawn or dusk, in bright sun and in rain and sometimes,
even in the dark.

If conditions change and you're wearing shades that are glasses, you're
screwed.

If conditions change and you're wearing clear lens and a tinted visor, you
simply raise the visor.

IMHO,

Michael