[DeTomaso] gumball pantera needs to remove a rear ZF stud

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Jul 13 08:17:54 EDT 2011

In a message dated 7/12/11 19 07 58, LEVITT1946 at aol.com writes:

> My dilema is ....How the hell do you get the stud out without killing the
> threads?  I really need to take it out to check.

Nothing could be easier.   Thread a normal nut on.   Thread a second normal
nut on.   Tighten the first   nut against the second one.   Then put a
wrench on the first one you installed, and simply back the stud out.   Then
separate the two nuts, remove them on at a time, flip the stud around, jam the
nuts together on the other end, and use the outer nut to run the stud into
the case.   Then hold the inner nut, remove the outer nut, remove the inner
nut.

You only have to thread the first nut onto the stud far enough to give you
enough remaining threads to get the second nut on securely.   If you tighten
it all the way down against the case, it just makes it more difficult to
access it with a wrench to remove it.