[DeTomaso] gumball pantera needs to remove a rear ZF stud

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 22:19:33 EDT 2011

Bob,
You first turn off the acorn nut. Sometimes if you are lucky the stud may
come out with the acorn nut (especially if it was tturned around. If it
dosen't come out once you remove the acorn nut you have to get to nuts that
match the thread of the stud. you put the first nut on and turn it down as
far as you can. Now you turn down the second nut. you turn it down as far as
you can until it is snug against the first nut. Now you put a wrench on the
inner nut and turn it counter clock wise. The outer nut will stop the nut
from turning and instead the shaft will turn . You can now screw the stud
out of the zf case. Once you get the stud out you use two wrenches to
seperate the two nuts and turn the shaft around , you use two nuts (Or an
Acorn nut turned all the way down on the shaft and use it to turn the shaft
into the zf case.
Hugh