[DeTomaso] NPC: Selling an Acura CL Type S 6-Spd

Will DeMelo wdemelo at cogeco.ca
Sun Jul 10 22:24:09 EDT 2011

If you have to ask, then you wouldn't understand.
Will

> Again, no one has answered me, why do you need 300+HP in your normal
> daily
driver. Good heavens, my 200HP Camry will go 100MPH (probably).

> From: michaelsavga at gmail.com
> Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 20:41:48 -0400
> Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] NPC: Selling an Acura CL Type S 6-Spd
> To: lotus0005 at hotmail.com
> CC: detomaso at realbig.com
>
> CTS-V Stationwagon with 556 HP. I want one, too bad its a GM product.
>
> So it'll never happen, In 1985 I bought a BMW 325 through a
> BMW/MB/Buick
dealer and they arranged GMAC financing.
> I was 5 days late ONE time and they ragged me every month to see if I
> was
going to be on time for the next 36 months
> in a row.
>
> I'll never spend a dime directly with them.
>
> Perhaps one day I can find a non ragged out used one.
>
> Only decent replacement for the Magnum Hemi R/T, which the Mopar
> idiots
stopped making,
> I wanted an SRT-8 the next time around. Bummer.
>
> I looked at the MB wagon a couple of weeks ago, 240 hp.
>
> and the sporty one isn't imported into the US at all and the CLS SW
> may
not be either and anyway,
> the price for that thing is ridiculous for what's a work car for me (
> 25K
a year ).

> Michael
>

> On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 8:33 PM, Bill Lewis <lotus0005 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> Mike, this has nothing to do with your car!!! But, my question is why
> is
there such a to-do about horsepower in modern non-sports cars? The carmakers
fall all over themselves to show that their "Camry" or whatever has 300Hp;
or 400Hp; or 500Hp!! The Cadillac CTSV has what 5-600 HP. Who cares! Who you
gonna race at prime traffic, stop&go time! -Bill

>> From: mbefthomas at comcast.net
>> To: detomaso at realbig.com
>> Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 16:25:59 -0700
>> Subject: [DeTomaso] NPC: Selling an Acura CL Type S 6-Spd
>

>> A great car, if anyone is interested. Wouldn't be selling but found
>> an
'06
>> Infiniti G35 6MT with only 9K on it at a price I couldn't pass up.
>> Drove home from Boise to Seattle yesterday. A great cruise that could
>> have only
>

>> been topped by the same in a Pantera.
>>
>> 2003 Acura 3.2 CL Type S 6-speed coupe. They only made the 6-speed
>> manual in the last year of CL production (less than 3000), and this
>> is one of
the

>> last ones built (June '03 build date). Midnight Pearl Metallic over
>> black
>
>> leather. 260 HP 3.2L DOHC v-TEC V-6. Fully loaded with power
>> steering, brakes, windows, locks, seats (8-way driver w/2 memory
>> settings), mirrors (heated), heated seats, cruise control, 6-disc
>> CD/AM/FM/cassette Bose
>

>> stereo, automatic climate control, HID headlights, ABS, 2-way
>> moonroof
and