[DeTomaso] NPC - the REAL running of the Bulls

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Fri Jul 8 17:53:20 EDT 2011

Reminds me of a story....

A friend of mine ran with the bulls on the first day and found it quite an
adrenaline rush. At the end, he was hungry and went to *Mangerò nulla* on
the plaza. The special for the week was testicoli di perdente, so he ordered
it. Four large meatballs in tomato sauce and very tasty. Next day he ran
again and enjoyed six meatballs for the same price. On the third day when he
ran, he went to the same ristorante and ordered the same special. This time
the plate came with only two meatballs but they were very small. The
arrogant American tourist called the waiter over and accused the
establishment of ripping him off. The waiter said, no, Testicoli di Perdente
portions and size were dependent on the market availability for the week of
the festival. The American asked what factors made the difference in today's
portions. the waiter replied "the dish consists of the testicals of the
loser, but the bull sometimes is not the only loser".   :)