[DeTomaso] LED bulbs for gauges

J. Sean Keane jskeane6 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 23:40:49 EDT 2011

I found the right LED bulbs to replace the ones for the generator,
heater, turn signal, etc. lights in the gauges of my 74 L-model. They
are WLED-NW6 from superbrightleds.com, $3.74 each. These are "natural
white" LEDs, not as bluish as some white LEDs. They light op the little
plastic gems nicely. To make good contact, it helps to spread the leads
on the bulb out a little from the center. Also, these are non-polarized
LED bulbs, so you can't get them in the wrong way. All in all, I'm happy
with the upgrade; all my bulbs work now, and I shouldn't have to change
them ever again.

Regards,

Sean