[DeTomaso] LED bulbs for gauges

David & Marilyn Bell davidabell at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jul 2 22:55:38 EDT 2011

I have WLED-WHP (wedge-8) bulbs from SuperBright LEDs in all my instruments.
These bulbs are more 'white' than others I've tried which tend more on the
bluish side.  The tach and speedo have two extra bulbs each (part of a local
group purchase and install during a Space City Panteras tech session).  The
extra bulbs are a screw-in base and have also been converted to SuperBright
BA9s-x-WV LED bulbs.  All the instruments are nicely illuminated, but the
extra bulbs in the tach and speedo really make a difference.

The only LED downside is that the instrument light reostat on the dash
turned into a two position switch with LED bulbs.  The instrument lights are
either off or full on.

Also, I did all the LED bulb research and sourcing four or five years ago so
my part numbers may be out of date.

Dave