[DeTomaso] New Pantera story - 2011 LA Auto Show??

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 5 21:11:35 EDT 2011

In 1970 you could buy a Lambhorghini Miura for $19,750, today you can buy it for $500K to $1M. You can buy the modern equivament Murcielago for MSRP $360-$455K, what does this mean? Nothing really, just you can make an argument any way you want depending who you think the target buyer is for a new Pantera. The closest equivalent I can think of is the Ford GT, with MSRP of $155K and trading well above that or an Audi R8 at $196K. Thinking a new Pantera could ever be had for $60K is ludicrous IMO, you can hardly get a new top of the range F150 for that money.

The best we can hope for is that a new Pantera brings a resurgence of interest and better appreciation for the classic Pantera thus increasing values, much like the surge in GT40 replicas since the new GT.

Julian