[DeTomaso] Are time plugs temporary or permanent fixes?

Steve Hawkins shawkins777 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 2 23:25:40 EDT 2011

Get it fixed.

-----Original Message-----
From: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com [mailto:detomaso-bounces at realbig.com] On
Behalf Of Charles McCall
Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2011 10:29 AM
To: detomaso at realbig.com
Subject: [DeTomaso] Are time plugs temporary or permanent fixes?

Hi all,

Went to the garage to pull the Pantera out to do some work on it and
discovered that I have a flat front tire.

I can see where I apparently ran over the pointy end of a nail or something,
as I can see a rather clean hole.

Supposing that that hole is the sole cause of the lack of air in said tire,
if I bring the tire to a tire shop, how permanent is the fix?

On the one hand, the tire in question is a 285/40/15, something that doesn't
grow on trees. On the other hand, I tend to take said tire thousands of
kilometers from home, where Pirelli trees and Yokohama trees are even
scarcer.

I do have a set of spare 285/40/15's, but these are in really good shape, if
you don't count the holes, and would probably last 3-4 more years before
needing changing.

Whaddayallthink?

Thanks!

Charles McCall

1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375

"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"

 <http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=2323>