[DeTomaso] NPC Video marching like you have never seen

tmshinro at aol.com tmshinro at aol.com
Fri Jul 1 11:24:45 EDT 2011

Great video.  Brought back good memories when I commanded the best ROTC drill team in the city of Omaha back in 1972.   We used '03 Springfield rifles that weighed close to 10 lbs.   We did a lot of what they did but had more rifle exchanges.   I even did the over the head exchange with me standing behind the formation and my brother throwing his rifle back over his head with me catching it after two revolutions (but we didn't have bayonets and he didn't throw it over live bodies!).  It was the first time an over the head exchange was ever attempted in the three years I competed.   We did it at a meet hosted by the Air Force ROTC at the University of Nebraska and after the meet was over (we won 1st place and best commander) some of the college cadets came over to congratulate me and said they had never seen a drill performance as good as the one we did in their college competitions.   Ah...good times.

Tom