[DeTomaso] no crank, no start

klckmac at msn.com klckmac at msn.com
Fri Jul 1 00:24:33 EDT 2011

John, just sent a reply to your yahoo, but will try this. I've actually ahd this happen twice, just a click. Had a new starter, battery, cables etc...After a while it  did the same as yours, then a friend said to pull the battery cables from the battery, and clean the posts and inside the connectors real good. Fired right up! I have several friends with Broncos, Mustangs and other cars and have seen similar problems with them starting. Usually when they pull and clean the cables, it works.

The second time was what I told you before, my solenoid that was fender mounted needed replacing. If you still have an older setup, try that, or the cables or both. Happy hunting.

Ken M.
4443