[DeTomaso] key not working

Cunnyngham, Christopher B (HSC) CHRISTOPHER-CUNNYNGHAM at OUHSC.EDU
Wed Jan 26 18:29:21 EST 2011

This problem was my introduction to the Pantera.  My adventure has been pretty well documented at the PI forum.  I found all the info I needed in the other threads listed.

Initially the cylinder was hopelessly stuck in the in position.  I applied graphite lubricant among other things but was only able to pull the cylinder out with a paperclip.  Since then I've applied more graphite lube and another that was highly recommended by Chuck Engles.  When I remove the key I apply a little downward pressure to be sure the cylinder comes out with the key.

It has stuck on a few occasions since but thus far I've been able to pull it out simply hooking it with the lower edge of the key.  Perhaps some day I'll break it down and repair/replace the mechanism but I can live with the temp fix for the indefinite future.