[DeTomaso] key not working

Cullen McCann clarkwgriswold2nd at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 17:13:35 EST 2011

One of our Oklahoma owners recently went through this...I expect he might
chime in as soon as he can, he stays pretty busy, but if I recall correctly,
he had to use a paperclip or something to pull the switch and tumbler
outward at the same time which allowed him to push the key in all the
way.carefully. I think for him it wasn't a fix as much as learning how to
deal with it until he fixed it..which he can elaborate on if he becomes
available. I think his issue was similar.

In the meantime, here are some threads that might be of help:

http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6450045562/m/5250007562?r=52500
07562#5250007562

and there is some info on panteraplace about it.

http://www.panteraplace.com/page125.htm

and one more of similar content:

http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7890077274/m/3390096254?r=33900
96254#3390096254

> Hi guys, I am having a little problem with my key.  At times the key won't
go

> all the way in so that you can turn it.  The trim ring seems to get stuck
in

> and I have to get a little screw driver and force it to pop out so that
the

> key can go all the way in to start the car.  Has anyone else had this
problem

> and what should I do about it.  Can I get a whole new locking and key
system

> or just spray it with some kind of oil?  I am affraid to drive somewhere
and

> take the key out or I may not be able to get home.  Embarrassing when
driving