[DeTomaso] radiator repair

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Fri Jan 21 11:38:26 EST 2011

"OUCH!  What did you do?  Tell them you drove a Ferrari?

Maybe I'm out of touch, but that seems to be an outrageous price.  You
could probably cut the tube and solder it shut yourself (if you had
the skill and patience).

If it's just one tube leaking at the core I don't understand.  Call
around with a description of the problem and get some more quotes.  A
hundred bucks I can see, but $450?"

This is a one radiator shop town.  Let's call it "American Radiator", shall we?

The owner is nice and can talk cooling all day. But, he WILL f__k you.  Here's how it works.

He's nice, asks what you are working on yaddayadda - let's test it.  Hmmmm. What's this out of????  OK, leave it and let me see what I can do.

After you leave your rad, he prices a new one on the internet.

Now . . .guess the repair bill!  Yeah, about 85-90% of a new one!

Welcome to American Radiator, bend over the counter there - I'll be right with you! (Its the american way)

I now drive 50 miles to another town for fair service.  (How much to fix this?  $x per hour and how long it takes.)

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5806 (20110121) __________

http://www.eset.com