[DeTomaso] Coil overs

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 20 15:47:12 EST 2011

I guess we have to qualify what you mean by 'bushings'; QA1's come complete in one of two end styles 1) a std poly bushing suffix P or 2) a heim/rod end suffix B.

The poly ends are like your conventional Koni's etc. but may require a washer or so between the poly bushing and mount if the poly bushing is not as wide as the oem shock/mount. The Heim version is quite a bit narrower so requires spacers to mount centrally between the Pantera shock tabs. These spacers are really nothing more than a piece of tube stock cut to length and machined down one end to sit inside the heim joint. One alternative is to make the mounting hole slightly larger and use a larger diameter bolt that fits the heim joint and then the spacers become simple cut pieces of tube stock, another is a tube over a tube.

I do not have an up to date cost for vendor supplied shocks, ($1200?) so each individual will have to weigh up what it's worth to them and given their fabrication abilities.

Julian