[DeTomaso] Coil overs

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Thu Jan 20 21:09:57 EST 2011

From: Julian Kift <julian_kift at hotmail.com>

To: mikeldrew at aol.com; asajay at asajay.com; De Tomaso List <detomaso at realbig.com>
Sent: Thu, Jan 20, 2011 12:47 pm
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Coil overs

I guess we have to qualify what you mean by 'bushings'; QA1's come complete in one of two end styles 1) a std poly bushing suffix P or 2) a heim/rod end suffix B.
The poly ends are like your conventional Koni's etc. but may require a washer or so between the poly bushing and mount if the poly bushing is not as wide as the oem shock/mount. The Heim version is quite a bit narrower so requires spacers to mount centrally between the Pantera shock tabs. These spacers are really nothing more than a piece of tube stock cut to length and machined down one end to sit inside the heim joint. One alternative is to make the mounting hole slightly larger and use a larger diameter bolt that fits the heim joint and then the spacers become simple cut pieces of tube stock, another is a tube over a tube.

Quella's bushing/spacers for Konis also resize the hole thru the shock heim since they press part-way inside the hardened ball. The Pantera bolts are smaller than the holes Koni supplies. In this case a couple of stacks of washers or simple tube-spacers would likely rattle after awhile. Dunno about other brands. FWIW- J Deryke