[DeTomaso] Auto Painting

Tom Borcich tborcich at msn.com
Wed Jan 19 00:46:16 EST 2011

Many years ago I sprayed Centari on a few project cars and I recall there use to be a slower
evaporating reducer that allowed for less orange peel, it would allow the paint to flow more/longer
before evaporating. But that was the good old days when California didn't have all the VOC rules.
 I would use a faster reducer only when I was going to sand and buff the paint so it didn't matter
how bad a job I did with the spray gun. I also recall there were two types of hardener you could add,
one for repair the other for complete paint jobs. You could color sand and buff the paint to remove
the orange peel but that would be a major pain in the engine compartment and also I think once
you color sand and buff it take the top layer off an I don't think it was a durable after.

Peronally, I would rely on Bills commentary, he's an expert still doing it and the products likely have changed since.

Best Regards, Tom