[DeTomaso] headlight chatter

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sun Jan 16 21:12:17 EST 2011

I just managed to successfully pull my radiator--thanks for the tip on taking off the hood first--now I need to have the leak fixed.  I have a couple of questions:

1) It's brass, so what should I expect to pay to have it gone through and repaired?

2) There's a little rust on ends of the metal pipes leading to the radiator.  After I wire brush them, should I paint them before I reinstall them, or leave the bare metal on the ends?

3) My headlights raise smoothly, but going down they chatter quite badly (they have since I got the car 4 years ago; it hasn't gotten any worse).  Since the radiator is out, should I replace something to get them to go up and down smoothly?

4)  If the answer to #3 is yes, what is involved and what is the cost of the parts I'd need?

Thanks, as always, for your help.

Sincerely,

Chris

PS:  4 years ago I would have never attempted to take out the radiator on my own--I'm making progress!