[DeTomaso] How To Build The Ultimate Pantera

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 23:56:22 EST 2011

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Rob Dumoulin <rob at dumoulins.net> wrote:
> Wouldn't it be great to have a way that, by topic, we could collectively
> define the ultimate Pantera upgrades classified as: Best Performance, Most
> Reliable, and Stock Equivalent.  Imagine if there was an information
> repository that had exactly what is needed to update or upgrade your car in
> the many, many, categories we all have gained expertise in (Cooling, Engine
> Swaps, Suspension, Electrical, Tire/Rims, Brakes, Cabin, Fuel, Steering, and
> the list goes on).

In a lot of ways, this has already been done, and is in a continuously
revised process.  This list and its archives, various web sites like
Provamo, Pantera Place, Banzairunner and Poca and many others are a
manifestation of it.  There are examples of existing and past cars and
if you would like to replicate any of those it's often a matter of
asking.

But the Pantera is a remarkably *individual* car built and tuned to
the owners personal taste.  So find out what is ultimate *for*you* and
by golly we'll help you build it no matter how wacky you might imagine
it to be!  Turbos and superchargers, engine swaps and wheels and
caster settings and axles and... you name it it's been done and is on
record, or it will be done and we'll help you do it :)

sean

--
"Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso