[DeTomaso] radiator

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Feb 25 16:49:58 EST 2011

In a message dated 2/25/11 12:56:11 PM, richard at hitecheng.on.ca writes:

> Just curious, has anybody tried opening up the by-pass holes, this would
> slow down warm up a little but it would reduce the restriction.

There are lots of ways to increase water flow as well as air flow thru a
radiator, and many do work. Thermostats with bypass holes apparently do help-
some owners say the Stewart thermostats with bypass holes work well. But
there is no single magic cure IMHO. No matter what we do, the Pantera radiator
is 16% smaller in surface area than an equivalent-power Corvette radiator
(16" x 28" vs 19" x 28"), and increasing core thickness is a
diminishing-return approach. Our 10 feet of space (5 ft ea way) between waterpump and
radiator also increases our pumping losses over a front-mount engine. Cheers- J
DeRyke