[DeTomaso] speedbleeders

Mike Scardina a42n8cfo at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 23:08:57 EST 2011

I used SB6100SS Speed Bleeder on my 1974 GTS slave, which I believe to be a
stock slave.  The SS is for a stainless steel bleeder, which is on the Speed
Bleeder web site, but the stainless steel hardware can be hard to find on
the site.  It works great and has been in place since April 2006.  With the
Speed Bleeder, there is no need for a second person to bleed the system as
long as you're careful to keep your fluid level from going down too far in
the master during the bleeding process.

I bought 4 SB8125LL Speed Bleeders for my brake calipers.  I haven't used
them yet, so I'm not sure those are the right size.  I think I got that size
based on an old posting on this site or based on direct advice from the
Speed Bleeder representatives.  I only mention that because someone else
suggested the size for the calipers and clutch slave is supposed to be the
same and I suspect it might not be.

Good luck.

Best,

Mike