[DeTomaso] ZF transmissions - industry use clarification

Cullen McCann cmccann1972 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 11:47:00 EST 2011

Dear Forum..

When the industry refers to ZF transmissions, the German born company ZF
Friedrichshafen, it's the same.uhh."parent" company that was responsible for
manufacturer of our beloved pantera transaxles as well as the later model
cars and light truck transmissions correct? I mean, they have been and still
are putting "ZF" gearboxes in manual and automatic models in all sorts of
stuff.audi, bmw range rover..porsche, bently, as well as heavy trucks, ag
machinery, tanks..etc.all the way from the mid 60's to the present.

Same ZF company? Still in business I suppose and that's where the Pantera ZF
rebuilders get some of the rebuild parts? Aftermarket manufacturers provide
some components?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ZF_transmissions

Thanks, just trying to get a big picture of industry..

Cullen