[DeTomaso] How much ZDDP is in this?

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Sat Feb 19 13:48:06 EST 2011

Julian and Charlie,

Charlie lives in Europe.  AFAIK the low ZDDP oil are an attempt on the part of AMERICAN lawmakers to make catalytic converters last longer.

It does have the SM rating, but as we learned from prior discussions even an SM oil that is -40 or greater is not bound by the 800ppm limit.

Charlie, if you plan to use this oil for a number of years you might just want to spend the Euro equivalent of $20 and have some analyzed.
ZDDP additives are not cheap and you might not even need to use any if the Mobil already has 1200ppm or whatever.  And it is true that if you add
too much you will damage things.

Jim Oddie

PS whatever happened with your clutch and "rough running after car sits for months" issues?