[DeTomaso] another radiator question

tmshinro at aol.com tmshinro at aol.com
Thu Feb 17 11:15:32 EST 2011

 I have a 20 year old Hall radiator that has worked great over the years and I just had it repaired last spring.   The radiator came with upper and lower petcocks on the driver's side of the radiator.   The petcocks look like wingnuts with a hollow tube that screws in and out.   I just jam (friction fit) a short length of clear plastic tubing in the lower one when I drain the radiator so the coolant flows out the tube into my catch pan.  This is kind of like Mike's arrangement but with out the fixed plumbing.   I do the same with the top one when I bleed the air out; just jam a piece of tube into the petcock and run it over the front of the car into a catch bottle.   When the plastic tube is inserted into the petcock it will turn as screw/unscrew the wings, so you just have to be careful that the tube doesn't come out as it is rotating when you're opening the valve.

Tom