[DeTomaso] Air Con Down under

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 4 14:23:43 EST 2011

When I lived in Australia I owned a Corvette which had been converted to RHD, at that time it was mandatory. I spent some time looking for that car before I came across a professional conversion with a complete switch over that I felt safe driving, many were simply a chain wheel from the steering column to the oem rack and a series of linkages for pedals.... downright scary and in my opinion a lot unsafer than just driving the LHD.

When they fist allowed LHD I think the down side was you have to have a huge sticker across the rear saying "CAUTION - LEFT HAND DRIVE"

My upside was as I was there as a temporary worker on a 4 year visa I could drive under my US license, that saved me more than one ticket once the Cop looking at it and figured it ws more hassle than it was worth to process.

Julian