[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 89, Issue 11-Blown motor in Car Craft

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Sun Dec 11 17:39:54 EST 2011

I kept seeing a bunch of whimpy blown up motors
in Car Craft so I finally sent a pic of my 347 stroker
I scattered at Thunderhill... sheared crank, two
pistons out the bottom, broken block from the cam
to the sides then forward to the back two pistions
In this months magazine})

It was actually the start of my Pantera going to
the track as Larry Stock kept was bugging me
about my rebuild in progress and wondering why I
was not tracking the Pantera.. he pissed me off
so much I went home and told my engine
builder that the motor was going to go into
the Pantera.. it was really the birth of #3 to
run on the track and the death of the Mustang
I finally sold the Mustang as the Pantera replaced
it the first time I ran it.. no match for the mustang

Bob Benson #3