[DeTomaso] off topic - Slingbox Solo

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 02:38:08 EDT 2011

Sean, you may want to test out the Slingbox soon.  Their free service contract
lasts only 90 days.  After that, you have to pay to speak with tech service.

Richard,
Before you posted about the Monsoon Vulkano, I placed an order for the Slingbox
Solo.  That's the cheaper standard definition version.  A couple of the flight
test guys at work have the HD version but said the usual international hotel
internet connections don't support HD so I went with the SD version.  I had a
couple of issues setting it up but typed the error messages into google and
found the answers.  I use a 40" LCD 1080P TV as my computer monitor and testing
the slingbox at home, it looked great.  In Japan, the connection speed was
substantially slower but the video quality was still decent.  The timer is a
good idea in case the house loses power while I'm away.  Anyway, I'm happy with
it so far.

Dan Jones