[DeTomaso] Pressure cap question

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Aug 23 03:06:54 EDT 2011

In a message dated 8/22/11 11:12:01 AM, cengles at cox.net writes:

> Are you saying that this Ferrari radiator cap should be the holy grail of
> Pantera radiator tanks, i.e. that it is a European cap of the correct size
> and pressure and it should fit correctly and work properly?? (-----to the
> best of your knowledge......)

Maybe not a grail of any sort, but..... A few caveats: IF you have not yet
had the surge tank neck replaced (I had mine done in the late '80s), and
IF you haven't gone full-bling for aftermarket tanks, then yes- it apprears
this cap will work.
Also, 0.9 bar is 13 lbs; I prefer a 16-lb cap, myself.
Remember to check any stock tank-neck-bottom for smoothness against that
high priced cap gasket.   Good luck- J Deryke