[DeTomaso] Pressure cap question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Aug 30 11:25:30 EDT 2011

In a message dated 8/21/11 8 33 8, bluebugman2 at sbcglobal.net writes:

> I have a brand new motocraft cap that's #13 and when the motor gets warm
> it spurts out a small amount fluid, so either its bad or #13 isn't enough #
> for pressure

Spurts out fluid where?   If it's spurting out from around the cap, that
means most likely that the neck on your water tank is bad.   The stock tanks
used a neck designed for European radiator caps, which are different from
ours, and our caps won't seal properly on a stock tank as a result.   It's easy
enough to take the tank to a radiator shop and have them attach a US-style
neck.   Of course, most stock tanks are pretty well shot by now, and rather
than spending money on one, if I had removed one from a car, I'd be
installing a modern aftermarket replacement instead.