[DeTomaso] GT5S TYRES WANTED

CharlesMcCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 15:04:22 EDT 2011

I went through a set of Pirellis basically every year for the first few
years I had the 5-S, while the Yokos I subsequently purchased have lasted
several years each. I don't think that my driving style has changed much.
I'm not sure that "life" is the leading factor in selecting high performance
tires for a high performance car, but I thought I'd contribute my half cent
for the day...

>>>Don't forget, you fixed your big rear end alignment problem somewhere
along the way, which was a big contributing factor to your rear tire
wear....

Mike (As of yesterday I have proof--thanks for the photos from 2006!)

****A) I had uneven wear until installing the new a-arms in 2006, but the
wear was a lot quicker on the Pirellis than on the Yokohamas. I changed
tires (except for that famous year) when the outside edge basically had no
tread left. With P7's or P7R's that was about a year. I might be on the same
set of Yokohamas that were on the car in 2006 when we changed a-arms?

B) Glad you enjoyed the picture of your visit to Vitoria, Spain for a tech
session with mixed results. I can send you pix of burning out the a-arm
bushings if you wish ;-)