[DeTomaso] Brass bypass flow restrictor-need one.

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Apr 17 09:15:11 EDT 2011

In a message dated 4/17/11 5 52 56, lplugw at hotmail.com writes:

> I've been helping a friend freshen up his 72.
> We've found more than a few creative modifications installed by well
> meaning priors along the way.
> Most recently we found a 192 degree windsor t-stat and no brass restrictor
> plate seated in the block beneath.
>
>>>Meaning that the bypass was completely blocked off, hopefully?

> >So I need a restrictor...
>
>>>Those restrictor plates are damn hard to find.   Last year I searched on
behalf of a Finnish Pantera dude whose 351C had been hacked by somebody who
didn't know what he was doing; he wanted two plates.   I managed to find
two NOS plate at an obsolete Ford parts warehouse; they only had those two
left.

Marlin Jack (a Pantera owner who is a machinist) manufactures them,
however.   He sells them for $35 each.

After I had already bought the NOS plates, he wrote to me:

====

pantera1974 at verizon.net writes:

Hi Mike! For You! Anything You Need! $70.00 Bucks will get You two plates
and I Will pay the shipping! Just give me an address to send them to. I have
them ready to ship! Need them right away? You can pay the funds using PayPal
and use the address of: thajacks563 at verizon.net

>>>I would contact Marlin at his primary address, pantera1974 at verizon.net,
to arrange purchase.

>and I could use a source for a cleveland 180 degree t-stat too.

>>>I prefer the Robershaw unit, which is sold under a variety of brand
names.   Summit Racing sells them under the Flowkooler brand.   Regardless of
the brand (they are also sold under the Prestone name, among various others),
the part number is always the same--it's 333-180.

Beware of the 330-180, which is nominally the same, except that it's a
Windsor version, lacking the crucial 'hat' that partially covers the bypass
plate you're trying to rig up.