[DeTomaso] Borla mufflers

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 21:53:17 EDT 2011

your story is all too common, i made a decision 6 years ago to fire
everybody (8 people) and hire free lancers as needed - When needed.
I was tired of being the last one to get paid, watching people drink coffee
and not adding to the bottom line.

Since then, i bought the Pantera, 2 motorcycles, a Magnum and taken several
nice trips on money i would have wasted worrying about ungrateful bastard's
kids whom I can assure you never lost any sleep thinking about me.

Michael
On Apr 14, 2011 8:57 PM, "GW" <gow2 at rc-tech.net> wrote:
> Talking to a guy in the FBO business today (takes care of general
> aviation and corporate airplanes that come it). They are having a work
> force problem. As an example,
>
> An airplane taxi's in to the ramp, no one flags it in to park. He goes
> into the line shack to find out why the line guy did not meet the
> airplane. The line man, in his 30's, sitting at the desk playing a
> portable N-Tendo game. The owner told the guy there is an airplane on
> the ramp. The guy said "Roger, I'll get out there when I finish this
> game". He was told, no need, just pick up your stuff and go home. When
> he hires replacements, they are seldom better!
>
> Gary
>
> Kirby Schrader wrote:
>> I find it worse than that... the 'employees' in the store can't do
anything
>> without the 'year, make and model', but then don't want to look for
anything
>> 'different' beyond that. That would mean they'd have to 'work' a little.
>>
>> I needed an upper radiator hose for my Lightning.
>> I give him the year, make and model.
>> 2001 Ford Lightning with a supercharged 5.4.
>> 'Oh, that's just an F150'
>> No, it's not. It's a Lightning. It's different.
>> 'No, those F150's are all the same!'
>> No, it's different. A lot different.
>> He brings out a radiator hose and I tell him that won't fit.
>> 'Sure it will!'
>> Come with me.
>> 'Damn! It's got a supercharger on it!'
>> Yes, you idiot. It's a Lightning. It's not an F150.
>> Well, we don't have that then...
>> Thanks.
>> I've never been back... and told the manager I wouldn't be back, but they
>> didn't seem to care.
>>
>> Oh, well... my local Ford dealer likes me and always gets the right
thing.
>> Worth the slightly higher cost, I think.
>>
>> FWIW,
>> Kirby
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 10:10, GW <gow2 at rc-tech.net> wrote:
>>

>>> That seems to be an industry wide problem.
>>>
>>> I worked with local autoparts store with some specific questions.
>>> Several said "Well if you don't have a part number we can't help".
>>> Eventually I turned to online companies. Local stores wonder why online
>>> business is so good and theirs is not.
>>>
>>> Some online stores I got no help from. Others like Howe, RideTech, they
>>> work your problem with you. For that my business goes there first. For
>>> that I will repeat their names in thanks.
>>>
>>> Gary

So