[DeTomaso] lifter noise

Peter Kovacs peter-kovacs at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 1 15:59:08 EDT 2011

Yes BUT........
  the cam and lifter (and often the rest of the valve train) are designed to
work together. It can't be assumed that you can just change the lifters without
changing the cam and be fine. IF you had a sticky hydraulic lifter, you could
probably pull the manifold, change out the lifters (with similar new ones) and
be fine. If you had a solid or roller lifter cam, you could NOT likely pull the
manifold install new hydraulic lifters and be fine. The parts have to be
disigned to work with each other. Consider all the elements when choosing your
solution and mechanic.

Peter Kovacs
209 345-6708
209 436-2000 fx