[DeTomaso] Info concerning the 6 pistons wilwood

David Nunn dnunn at telus.net
Fri Apr 1 10:37:44 EDT 2011

Mike mentioned the fact the center bore on Wilwood hats is a bit too small
(machining a small chamfer is usually all that's required) but no one has
mentioned the other problem with Wilwood rotor hats. The hats are
notoriously un-true. One Vendor told me, he needs to true every single one
he receives from Wilwood. They're pretty cheap, so I guess you get what you
pay for. Wilwood rotors, on the other hand, are very high quality. I wonder
how many people have machined their rotors in order to correct a problem
with the hats ?