[DeTomaso] Info concerning the 6 pistons wilwood

ALAIN GUERIN qmc at free.fr
Fri Apr 1 04:19:31 EDT 2011

Hello guys,

Who had the experience to install and use the Wilwood brakes (6 piston front
4 piston rear) on his car?

 I have these brakes (Proformance) for some time  and when I brake I feel
the vibration in the steering wheel.

I have checked the flatness of the disc with a comparator; less than 5 / 100
mm, I corrected all the games of the steering rack and I changed all the
bushings. I changed and adjusted the tightening of tapered bearings.

However, I kept the original brake pads (supplied with the kit Proformance).

I need your lights, do you think the vibrations are caused by the 'poor'
quality of the pads (and that you advise me to install).
 Or have you found another source for this defect.

PS, it seems that the vibrations become more important when the brakes are
hot.

Thank you for your help
 Alain
 Pantera # 5340