[DeTomaso] Info concerning the 6 pistons wilwood

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Apr 1 04:34:30 EDT 2011

In a message dated 4/1/11 1 20 22, qmc at free.fr writes:

> Or have you found another source for this defect.

I had terrible problems just like you with my Wilwood rotors.   You say
that your rotors have very little runout, but is that measured on the car?   I
think the problem may be caused by the hole in the center of the brake rotor
hat being just slightly smaller than the opening in the hub, so that it
doesn't quite sit perfectly?   (Somebody told me that once).   Another problem
is that Wilwood rotors seem to move around a little when they are new; they
warp slightly when they get hot.

I had my rotors turned once and it fixed the problem for a few hundred
miles, then it came back.   Finally I took my car to a shop that turns the brake
discs with them mounted on the car, instead of just turning the discs by
themselves.   That fixed the problem forever!

I will send you an article with a photo of this machine....