[DeTomaso] rebuilt title value

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 05:06:37 EDT 2010

> CAT:, now how do we get away with one rear license plate in Oregon, can
> anyone help me with that.
>
>>>Just do it and don't worry about it.   If a cop asks you why you don't
have a front plate, ask him where he would have you put it?   Explain that
the car has no provisions for a front plate (never mind the fact that they
came with a bracket bolted to the underside of the right front bumper
originally), and you'll likely get a pass.

***Or not. When I lived in South Dakota, I received two tickets in 6 months
for no front plate. I wasn't doing anything to deserve police attention, it
was just small-town cops with nothing better to do. And once they figured
that I had no front plate, nor any intention of fitting one, they stopped me
every time they saw me.

I even went to court the second time and explained to the judge what the
problem was. She was sympathetic, but said that the law was the law, and if
the car was street legal back in the 70's then there must have been some
kind of provision for mounting the plate, ugly or not.