[DeTomaso] rebuilt title value

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Sep 24 21:51:17 EDT 2010

In a message dated 9/18/10 9 30 17, deserttwist at juno.com writes:

> Goodmorning, can anyone tell me how a rebuilt title effects the value of
> my car.
>
>>>Mine is a minority opinion on the subject--I believe that a car that has
been fully restored, with extensive documentation, and carries a salvage
title is worth no less than one that has gone through the same treatment and
has an umblemished title.   However, most people (and the industry) don't see
it that way, and cars with a salvage title are often viewed as having a
substantially lower value--on the order of 50% less according to some.

I do think that it would scare away a good percentage of potential buyers.
 Their loss, though.

> >With CPR and two years of loving care she has come alive.  She lopes out
> of the driveway and pounces at a thousand miles an hour in an instant or
> depression of the toes. She is going for a facial today getting ready for
> two car shows in our area next weekend, one Sat and one Sun. Her name is :SHE
> CAT:, now how do we get away with one rear license plate in Oregon, can
> anyone help me with that.
>
>>>Just do it and don't worry about it.   If a cop asks you why you don't
have a front plate, ask him where he would have you put it?   Explain that
the car has no provisions for a front plate (never mind the fact that they
came with a bracket bolted to the underside of the right front bumper
originally), and you'll likely get a pass.