[DeTomaso] Too short

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Sep 5 02:08:43 EDT 2010

Sean, my wife at 5'4" has always driven with a small back cushion (since
1980), and that's with the stock seat adjusted all the way to the front stops
and the back rake adjusted a little more upright than I like it. She finds
no discomfort on 8-hr drives. A quick seat-rake adjust is simple on early
('71-'72) two-piece seats and impossible with late (mid-73-'up) one-piece
seats.
The clutch is a bit more involved but luckily our '72 L has the late
over-center system mounted. Most owners find a diaphragm clutch such as
Centerforce holds street horsepower just fine and requires maybe 1/2 the pedal force,
regardless if the over-center system is there or not. I saw one guy
demonstrate this by leaning in and pushing his clutch in with his hand... after he'd
driven to 'Vegas from L.A, so no slippage either. Good luck- J DeRyke