[DeTomaso] Air compressor info

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 1 00:49:10 EDT 2010

A lot depends on your duty cycle and use, but I would recommend you go for an oil lubricated; the oil free ones are a) noisy and b) lose performance over a couple years

As Michael says Ingersoll Rand are great compressors, but you'll pay more for the quality.  Having had a Craftsman oil free previously and using it with a die grinder or cut off wheel during the Pantera restoration I can honestly say you can never have too much air; I recall spending so much time just waiting for air pressure to build up again.

Based on bang for the buck and a 4.8 out of 5 review rating I chose to upgrade to a Craftsman Professional 80 gallon 2 stage (17 scfm @ 175 psi) and I have never regretted that decision, as it happily and effortlessly provides all my air needs. I got it on one of Sears holiday weekend 'specials' for a little under $900 after a bit of work.... I went to the store to get it and they wouldn't honor the online 10% discounted price plus the 10% holiday weekend pricing, so as I'm literally only 10 mins from the store I went home, purchased it online with full 20% discount and clicked 'store pickup' option and drove back and picked it up....

I looked online, but Sears seem to have stopped selling that particular model now. They do have an IR 60 gal 2 stage on sale at $1140 at present.

Julian