[DeTomaso] rear upright bearing retainer plate screws

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Wed Oct 20 15:51:36 EDT 2010

 All,

The stock 6mm x 16mm flat head screws that hold the outer bearing retainer plate to the rear uprights came from De Tomaso as slotted head screws.
Over time these can become a PITA to remove if the screws become rusted into place.  Often one must resort to a manual impact driver
(the style you hit with a hammer to force rotation). Or worse if the slots are deformed in the removal process.

There are allen drive flat heads screws for this application, and while probably not too difficult to find locally for many of us, not all owners may be so located.
The allen drive offers a much more stout option for installation and removal and are a cheap and worthwhile upgrade.

I recently purchased some from eBay, they fit just fine, and I wanted to share the source with you. A set of 10, to your door, for $7.25.

http://tinyurl.com/retainer-screws

Buy them now, stash them for later when you do any R&R on your rear suspension.

Larry