[DeTomaso] rear upright bearing retainer plate screws

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Wed Oct 20 20:59:22 EDT 2010

Larry,

I have used screws like this that I got from a nut/bolt  supplier.

The OEM screws are 14mm long. 14mm is not a standard  length screw.

The holes in my upright where all drilled 18mm or more deep  but not tapped
deep enough for the 16mm length screws. I gently ran a 6 x  1.0 mm BOTTOM
tap down enough for the 16mm  screws to bottom against the  bearing retaining
plate. YMMV.

This an easy and worthwhile modification.

Have fun  today,

sobill at aol.com