[DeTomaso] SPEEDOMETER CONCERN !

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Mon Oct 11 21:57:07 EDT 2010

 Myron,

I doubt that Palo Alto has missed a problem with the speedo with two rebuilds.

The cable is your problem. Even a new one will bind if it has sharp bends in its routing.
Routing safe from road hazards and rotating parts is a bit of an issue, but smooth
bends is the object in the routing.

In all honesty, I'm not sure the new cable is lubricated by Wilkinson. It wouldn't hurt to pull it
out and make sure it is lubed. Your mechanic should have a favorite method for doing this.

I recently replaced my cable for the same reasons. It took a few miles - well, more than a few,
for the cable to break itself in and stop the binding cable - needle bouncing routine.

Larry