[DeTomaso] universal joint for shift linkage

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Mon Oct 4 11:35:25 EDT 2010

Dear Boyd,

I am sure that a lot of aftermarket u joints look similar, BUT those look remarkably like the ones that Dennis Quella showed me. Compared to the stock units, they were visually and functionally jewel like!

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles

---- boyd casey <boyd411 at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 10:05 AM, <cengles at cox.net> wrote:

Dear Boyd and Rob,

I have bee n wrestling with my shift linkage recently, too. Some notes:
1) yes, the stock Pantera U joints in the shift linkage are *normally* stiff, but usually work. I removed mine and cleaned them and lubed them up with only modest improvement in their "flexibility".
2) I was recently at Pantera Performance Center and discussed my shift linkage issues with Dennis Quella. He showed me some lovely aftermarket stainless steel ( I think...) u joints that were *very* mobile and a major improvement over the stock units.

So, ;yes, Bob the normal joints are probably stiffer than they should be.
Boyd, I don't know it the PPC units are what you're looking for, but they fit the bill and are awfully nice pieces.