[DeTomaso] universal joint for shift linkage

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Oct 5 01:56:01 EDT 2010

In a message dated 10/3/10 9:13:18 PM, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> I remember around a year and a half ago some one posted a replacement for
> the universal joint for the shift linkage. It was a beautiful piece ( I
> think it had needle bearings) does this ring a bell with anyone?

Chris Difani has gone through several iterations I think.   He initially
tried the Flaming River jobs, but then later on he found something completely
exotic--I think they are helicopter U-joints.   They are super-light
(titanium maybe?), fitted with waterproof booties to keep the grease in and the
mung out, and are probably enormously expensive!

Chris--where are you?