[DeTomaso] Pandora tdc--necessity is the mother of invention

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sat Nov 27 22:24:50 EST 2010

After watching the video of the compression device, I got to thinking.  Since Stephan had me buy a vacuum gauge, I wondered if I could somehow use it to find the compression stroke.  Lo and behold, in the kit was a spark-plug sized adaptor for the gauge.  I pushed it against the number one plug hole (it was a little too big to thread in) and manually turned the engine.  Sure enough, when the gauge registered pressure, the rotor was pointing to the number one cylinder, and the damper was just about where the black marker mark was.  This shows the rotor is right and the chances are good that the black mark is where I should be for the correct timing.

For now, I'm going with that!

Chris