[DeTomaso] Indicator lights on race cars?

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 17:41:20 EST 2010

Yellow headlights, that brings back memories.

I spent half of entire day back in 1985 trying to find and buy yellow
headlights for my 325 BMW,

First I had to learn to ask for them, something like "Jorn la fire"

We were in Monaco and I looked for Auto parts stores ( really rich people
over there don't do a lot of self repair )

ended up at the BMW dealer who had a street level store that went 5 floors
underground into service bays and a parts counter carved out of solid rock,
used
elevators to lower the cars down.

bought my lights and carried them back, also learned about VAT taxes at
something like 32%
they ended up bring around $600.00 with everything, whole light assemblys
left and right.

Got back here with 4 across 100W Yellow lights, stopped one time by the
cops, turns out there was no law against it.

Those babies would give you a sun tan.

Kept them on until I got rid of the car.

Michael Shortt