[DeTomaso] NPC: "LAST AIRPLANE OUT OF BOEING PLANT 2"

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Thu Nov 11 19:56:07 EST 2010

Very cool, thanks.  I drive past Plant II every day on the way to work, and
knew they were restoring the Connie in there, but had no idea the B-17 and
-29 were there.  My uncle, retired AF Lt. Col., was commander of the first
fielded B-47 squadron, and has (not so fond) memories of testing the JATO
packs they used to help those things take off.  For those not familiar with
what a JATO pack is, watch this.  Quite a ride.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL4mrxUtjxQ

Mike Thomas
Panteras Northwest